The top 10 reasons why now is the best time to buy a home
1. Bargain prices- due to foreclosures and market saturation, a record number of homes are being sold at below market prices
2. Low interest rates- In spite of inflationary pressures, interest rates are still attractive
3. Tax credit- President Bush just signed into law a tax credit of up to $7500 for first time buyers *
4. Down payment assistance programs dissappear soon- As of October 1, seller paid down payment assistance programs will go away. After October 1, you may need a big down payment in some areas.
5. Wealth accumulation- home ownership is linked to being wealthier. Getting a great deal on a home can increase your net worth by thousands with very little out of pocket expense
6. Quality of life- homeowners surveyed are more satisfied with their quality of life, healthier, and tend to be wealthier than renters
7. Low cost to own- low rates, bargain prices, and tax savings combine to make owning less expensive than ever as compared to renting
8. Tax savings every year- home owners pay less in taxes than renters on average because of the interest, mortgage insurance, and property tax deductions on both federal and state taxes
9. Easier than ever- streamlined loan applications and computer underwriting make getting a loan faster and easier than ever
10. Atlanta Mortgage Lending is here to help you- check out the Meet our Clients page to see what our clients have to say about us!